Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I wish I didn't have to get out of bed...

Especially in the winter time! It's so warm and cozy under the covers. Sometime during the night I bring Evelyn to bed with us so that she can nurse and be warm and cozy too. BIG MISTAKE. Come 6:30 a.m. she starts slapping my face to wake me the heck up. She'll pull my hair, poke my eyes and scratch my nose all in an attempt to get me UP! UP! UP! If I open my eyes she squeals with delight that she accomplished something. More often than not I'll pull the covers over my face and that's when she lets out a long exasperated "MAAAAAAAA!" Eventually I cave in, hug her and kiss her and get out of bed. Once down on the floor she crawls to every room to make sure there is no one left awake. She's my little alarm clock, too bad she doesn't have a snooze button.

No comments:

Post a Comment