Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sewing, sewing, sewing...


If you've read my facebook status, I've been sewing and I've been tired. I'm gonna show you what I produced in a bit, first some background.

Our house has a WALK-THROUGH closet in the master. What I mean is that you walk through what would be considered a small hallway that has shelving and rods on either side that function as closets. The builder decided that closet doors of any kind were not needed. In the beginning we didn't mind this at all, since things were in plain view, but as time progressed it got on my nerves. --If I had an ounce of energy left I'd take down my sewing project and show you a BEFORE picture, but I'm beat and I don't really feel like showing you my mess. LOL-- Anyway, DH and I had schemed of several different ways that we could cover it up. Hell, I even drew a detailed plan for closet doors, shelving, drawers and a bunch of other crazy things. The economy took a drastic downturn and we figured maybe it'd be best to put out money in savings and the plans to "fix" our closet were put on the back burner. It still got on my nerves though and I NEEDED to do something about it. One of the things I brought back with me from Texas (besides killer allergies) was my sewing machine. This past weekend I went to the only source of fabric in this crappy little town and bought TWELVE yards of fabric from the clearance section ($1.50 a yard).

This is what my closet looks like now....




I made 4 eight-foot panels with a big allowance on the top sine that little bit of molding would keep me from putting the rod all the way to the top. The ruffle kinda droops but I think it looks fine overall. I am really proud of myself. LOL

Not bad for clearance fabric and two shower curtain rods, eh? Now on to the girls room...

No comments:

Post a Comment