Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm dying here...

...Crying even. DH is gone, on his way to the airport (Phoenix). From there he will fly to London, and from London to the Democratic Republic of the Congo in Africa - the name of the city escapes me. He'll be gone for the next 8 weeks. It's only 8 weeks. I know this. This is but a blink of an eye compared to the YEAR LONG deployment he did. And he's not going as a soldier, but a civilian - but it tears me apart. My heart is broken into a million tiny pieces because my other half won't be here to share in the highs and lows of everyday life. It'll hurt even more when the kids ask when he'll be home, and I know Emma will wait up for him at least during the first few nights. He's gonna be on the other side of the freaking world - so it's not like he can just get in the car and drive home to us. I'm sure I'll spend the rest of the day in a fog of sadness...

No comments:

Post a Comment