Saturday, February 14, 2009

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.

Gosh, can you tell that I'll be typing a lot during the time that DH is absent. I apologize, but I have NO ONE to talk to, and instead of going crazy talking to myself I might as well put it down in writing.

Anyway, I was thinking that maybe I'm looking at all of this distance/absence thing the wrong way. Tonight I let the kids share a room and sleep in their sleeping bags, a mini-camp out if you will. Before I would probably not have considered that and enforced the rules... rules. Maybe I'm depending too much on DH to be the other half to my parenting -- he was the fun parent, the one that would comfort them, talk to them, play with them -- while I was the one that made sure their needs were met in regards to food, clothing, education and all that jazz. With DH gone I gotta step up my game and do both parts of the parenting. I have to be more fun and involved in their playful moments. Anyway... I'm just thinking here... I took a pic of the kids, it's cute.

Camping Out

No comments:

Post a Comment