Sunday, March 15, 2009

Trying to encourage art...

I'm a very artsy person. Which means it's super important to me that the kids get some kind of exposure to the fine arts. Back in junior high, I used to play the bass clarinet. In high school I was in choir (soprano) and the whole time I loved to draw and doodle and dabble here and there. I'm thinking of getting Emily started with voice lessons, since she insists on singing the high notes in the national anthem. I'll have to pull out that sheet her music teacher gave me and see what I can do for her.

The following are paintings done by Emily. I'll try and get pictures of the birdhouses we painted as well. Lots of painting going on this week. The paint drops are still stuck to my table as proof.


Saturday, March 14, 2009
"Self-portrait"

Saturday, March 14, 2009 (2)
"Jesus"

No comments:

Post a Comment