Thursday, January 14, 2010

Remember...

What's the title of this blog? Paz en la Tormenta. Peace in the Storm in English. Throughout the years when things don't go as I want them to or how we planned for them to go, I remind myself that in the midst of the storm the Lord is with us. I remind myself that I need to let go of my troubles, my worries and let Him take control of the situation. It's hard to remember those things.

This week has been a hard one. It seems that our year hasn't started off as we would have liked it. There are a lot of things that are up in the air, and waiting to see or hear how things will turn out is making us a little antsy. Part of me tells me that maybe this is just a test of unwavering faith. That when a door closes, God opens another. Gotta keep moving forward, gotta place our trust in Him, gotta look at the big picture... It's hard.

But on days like today, I come sit at the computer ready to forget my sorrows by logging on to facebook, reading blogs or the news or anything else that might be entertaining on the internet and the title of this blog catches me.

"HE REPLIED, "YOU OF LITTLE FAITH, WHY ARE YOU SO AFRAID?" THEN HE GOT UP AND REBUKED THE WINDS AND THE WAVES, AND IT WAS COMPLETELY CALM."

Peace, in the storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment