Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dr. Seuss Reading Extravanganza

Dr. Seuss' Birthday was celebrated earlier this month across America. In the children's school they had a whole week dedicated towards literature closed with a Reading Extravaganza with guests reading to the children. The whole community was invited for birthday cake and partake in the festivities.

State Representative Aaron Peña read Green Eggs and Ham to a cafeteria full of kiddos. We were in the audience too and I managed to get a couple pics of that.





Evelyn saw that I was taking pictures and proclaimed herself to be the subject of my photos with a loud "CHEESE!" - enough to make the whole cafeteria turn and look at her while I snapped the picture. Oy. notice the cake crumbs on her face...


My son's class decided on the book Giraffes Can't Dance as the one to portray and they all wore little giraffe crowns/hats. It was rather adorable.


I really enjoyed participating in this event with them. I hope next year is just as fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment