Saturday, May 15, 2010

South Padre Island... (March 2010)

Did I tell ya'll that we went to South Padre Island for spring break? No? Well, I did.

Mostly, we went because Emily had a dance competition that weekend. I had to get up at the crack of dawn to have her in school by 6 a.m. and help with apply the costume/dance make-up
to over 30 little girls.

photo.php.jpg



Thankfully I had my sister help, and we were able to get them all ready by the proposed time. If only the bus had shown up on time, then everything would have gone off without a hitch.

The buy delay didn't keep them from dancing though. Those girls danced their little heart out! I was so proud, I couldn't help the hooting and hollering (and cheering) that came from my
corner of the auditorium.

DSC_1186.JPG.jpg


After Emily was done dancing we took everyone down to the beach.
Mind you, the water is still freezing in March, but we had fun walking up and down the
shoreline looking at all the interesting things there was to see.



The skies were clear as far as the eye could see. Nothing but blue for miles...



We saw a couple of dead jellyfishes too. We all stood around and poked them to see if they'd do something. THANKFULLY they didn't and we went on our merry way.

At one point, Jesse had us convinced that the little clump of mud rolling around the beach were pieces of whale poop. You can bet the kids didn't go near one after that. LOL



Oh, and a crab too. I don't think there was much life left in it. It was still interesting to see. By this point I think my sister was getting hungry. Nah... she was just teasing.


Seagulls were there of course. Hovering over us in case we dropped anything that resembled food. Unfortunately for them, there was nothing to be had but they made for pretty pictures.



It was a good day. I'm glad I have pictures to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment