Wednesday, August 06, 2008

First Day of School!

In the words of Emma, "OH MY GOODNESS!"

I can't believe the kids are at school as I type this. It's kinda nice and quiet here, with only Emma and the baby. The kids have been terribly excited all week long about going to school. Yesterday we had Open House and they got to meet their teachers, find their desks and just get to know the classroom all around.

Today I woke them up bright and early and although Emily was still excited Jr was a bit apprehensive. Once we got to the school they loosened up a bit.

Arriving at school

First we went to Emily's classroom. Since they will be riding the bus, and Emily is new to all this Junior has instructions to drop off Emily at her classroom/playground before he himself can meet up his friends on the playground at the opposite side of the school. The boy is gonna learn to care for his sisters whether he likes it or not.

Battraw Room 208

Kindergarten playground

Finally Emily's classroom was open and she went in, made a lunch choice and sat down at one of the activity tables.

Puzzle time

I made sure to remind the teacher that I'll be picking her up today and she'll be riding the bus tomorrow. I am so damn nervous about them riding the bus. *SIGH*

After dropping Emily off we headed to Junior's classroom. The kid HATES CHANGE, but it wasn't so bad. Thankfully his BFF is in the same classroom and he knows other kids as well. I think he'll be okay.

Shaw Room 104

BFF's

And I came back home. Where it's nice and quiet -- not really, but it's QUIETER.

Did I tell you that I'm going to attempt potty training with Emma now that I'll have more free time. OY. That's another post for a later day.

Can't wait to go pick up the kids to see how their day went.

No comments:

Post a Comment