Friday, August 01, 2008

My son...

Dealing with Junior is so damn hard at times. I don't know what to do.

The kid is a smart and caring person. He really is. But at the same time he can be so stubborn and selfish and wont listen to logic. He's also very INTENSE and will throw himself wholly at something. For example: He's uber-ready for school. He's VERY resistant to any sort of change. He'll fight it all the way. I'm trying to hype them up for it and yesterday we all went to pick out backpacks for both. We also picked a few clothing items. Today he woke up super early (6:30 am) and brushed his teeth and set his clothes out for school. School doesn't start until WEDNESDAY. I tell him to put away his clothes since school doesn't start until NEXT WEEK but he gets all pissy with me and just locks himself in the room. I just can't WIN with this kid. I try to be gentle in the way I talk to him, but it seems that he mistakes my kindness for weakness. I don't know what else to do with him.

Dh threatens that my "time" with him is almost up. By this he means that all the babying and spoiling will come to a screeching halt and he will be disciplined with a hard hand. Ay Dios mio... help a girl out.

No comments:

Post a Comment