Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It all goes downhill from here...

Remember my last post where I told you about how my kid decided not to take the lunch I had lovingly made for him under the excuse that the school would be providing a lunch? Well, they didn't. He didn't have a lunch with him. LUCKY for him, his BFF had EXTRA treats packed by his mom and gave Jr a LUNCHABLE. Internet, this is what my kid wanted as his LUNCH. Not some brown-bagged grilled cheese sandwich. He apologized after some prompting by my husband, but my feelings were hurt nonetheless.

ANYWAY.

Today I start preparations for Thanksgiving Dinner. YAY. Not. Lots of baked goodies. Gotta start on the turkey brine, the pies, the bread and boil some potatoes for potato salad and mashed potatoes. Doing potatoes two ways. I'm also making rice two ways: wild rice and Spanish fried rice. Other side dishes will be green bean casserole and whatever else I can come up with.

I just noticed that my titles are such DOWNERS. I gotta make with the happy. Next post will be NOTHING BUT GOOD NEWS. I promise. Well... maybe not, but I'll try.

Well, I gotta get to cleaning the place cause the kids have early release today and will be home REAL SOON to trash the place. Maybe I'll take a picture to prove to DH that I did clean the damn house and that I don't just sit around and nap all day. Not that I do that... forget I said that.

WELL GOTTA GO MAKE TURKEY BRINE and print out the recipes for everything I'll be making. I'll be back with pictures! Yay pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment