Wednesday, December 03, 2008

HELP PLEASE.

Junior is driving me insane.

Back when we were in Texas he was doing GREAT academically. He was ahead of most kids in his class (just like Emily is now) and had straight A's for almost every subject. This year has been a COMPLETE MESS. The kid is so damn stubborn and uncommunicative that I just don't know what to do with him. I TRY to help him with his homework and instead he gets all pissy with me takes his papers and says he'll do it on his own. When he re-emerges from his room I ask to see his homework and it's WRONG. You can tell that he doesn't even TRY to do the work, he just scribbles down WHATEVER so he can get it over with. Once I tell him to review his work and try again he throws these huge hissy fits with screaming, kicking walls and throwing things around. I have concluded that the damn kids wants me to GIVE him the answers, something I REFUSE to do. I have told him time and time again that I will help him find the answer but that I wont give it to him. EVERY SINGLE TIME it's the same bullshit until I've had enough and I have to get mean with him. I HATE that he puts me in such a situation. I try to talk to him in a calm tone about how he needs to TRY and how he needs to ask for help if he's stuck and he just grunts back and refuses to engage in any sort of conversation. I've asked him to use WORDS to communicate with us instead of kicking/hitting the walls and it goes in one ear and out the other. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I'm sure it has plenty to do with him pushing his limits, but I'm getting tired of this power struggle.


BEDTIME -- BBL w/ more.


No comments:

Post a Comment