Monday, December 08, 2008

Same ole'... same ole'...

Today was not unlike every other day. Get up bright and early - actually it was still pretty dark - and get the kids ready for school. Come back home and be with the girls while trying to tidy up this place.

It was pretty stinking cold this morning, raining even. After the clouds cleared up I saw that there was a fresh crop of snow up on the mountains. I wonder if we'll get snow down here this year.

I was able to speak to both kids' teachers. Both are improving, but especially Jr. Last benchmark test he did not pass the benchmark and this time he did. It was only by 3 words but I'm pretty proud of him. Tomorrow they have the writing benchmark and I hope they do well. They'll be testing all of this week in one way or another, so I really hope they are able to perform well.

I am working on a hobby horse (stick horse) for Emily's "play." She'll be singing I Wish I Has a Pony for Christmas on the 16th and is supposed to wear overalls, a cowboy hat and don a stick horse. I am sewing it entirely by hand. I miss my sewing machine. DH says it has the ears of a rabbit and the snout of an anteater. I wanted to smack him. I'm sure Emily will get a kick out of it, and if anything it'll be unique. Unique = UGLY. LOL

The kids are officially employed now. YEP, DH hired them to do jobs around the house. Emily's title is "Laundry Assistant" and Junior's "Refuse Engineer" - they take out the trash and go dump the dirty clothes in the hamper that's in the laundry room. Hey, one less thing for me to do. We'll see how long it lasts. I think I'm gonna ask for a raise, seeing as how they are making money from the most mundane task.

Well, I was able to get the kiddo down early, so I'm gonna hit the sack too. I hope tomorrow is much warmer than today was. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment